Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Walking Foot Evaluation

Now I am not one who is super savvy when it comes to a sewing machine. Most of the time I am just pretty much feeling around in the dark. Anyways, I was researching online about how to use a sewing machine to quilt. If you are like me, it always seems that my fabric shifts when I am sewing it. So I wanted to see how other people fix that problem. Well that is when I discovered the "Walking Foot". I would have to say that it is an amazing tool. I took a trip out to my local JoAnn's and they have a sewing maching section. I inquired to the lady there about them and she showed me the one that they had. I guess the make them universal to they should fit about any machine. I think the total was about $25.00. So I took it home and tried it.

I would have to say that it is a very nifty little contraption. The whole purpose behind it is it grabs the top fabric along with the bottom fabric so that both move through at the same pace. A normal sewing machine just pulls the bottom fabric and the top just slides along. I think that it also helps with the speed of the fabric through the machine. If you are like me and have a simple sewing machine that does not allow you to change the speed, this helps you. I know my pictures aren't that great but here is the one that I purchased:
It replaces the whole part of your sewing machine that is attached by the screw (where the foot is located). This is what it looks like when it is on my machine.

If you are looking for an easier way to sew two pieces of fabric or more together, then this is a worthwhile purchase. It definitely saves on the headache of having your fabric move all over the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment