Friday, February 19, 2010

Elephant!

So I went out on Wednesday and picked up the materials for Isaac's play mat. I decided to use felt for the animals because it was going to be much easier then buying little bits of fabric so I could applique and I think it gives the mat a little more texture. I picked up green Soft and Comfy fabric to use as the accent squares through out the mat.

The last two days have been spent making the elephant and giraffe. Here is the finished elephant which I am very pleased with!


I used absolutely no pattern to come up with this elephant that is why I am so pleased with how it turned out. The fabric it is sewn on has giraffes and monkeys and elephants and lions on it. I am so excited to see how this project turns out.

I think once I am finished with it I might make a card table felt cover play house made to jungle theme like Jill from Homemade By Jill did for her son (but she did it like a house). Here is the link to see hers.

But who knows, we will see if I get to it! For now it is sewing the giraffe and starting the monkey!

The mat is going to go from top to bottom, left to right. Elephant, soft and comfy, Giraffe, soft and comfy, Monkey, soft and comfy, Lion, soft and comfy, Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment