Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Isaac's Outdoor Outfit

When Isaac was first born we had this potato sack thing that we put him in when he went outside to keep warm here he is on the way home from the hospital:


Since then he has, as most babies do, put on some weight and about a week ago, I broke the zipper on this outfit. So I was left with either making another one or having Isaac wear an outside outfit that was about 2 times to big for him. I decided to make one. Not having a pattern I did what I always do, I used one of his zip up outfits as a template and made it up as I went along. I think that it didn't turn out too bad, what do you think?

While I was making it I start to think that it looked kind of like a mouse or an elephant outfit and that is where I got the idea to make a hat with mouse ears.


Sean says it kind of looks like a space suit but it is soooo soft and Isaac doesn't seem to mind it!


He does however like to chew on the collar!


It took me about 2 hours to make! I decided I love fleece and felt! They are so easy to work with. Plus, the hands and feet are covered so that made it easy to sew. I would have to say that putting in the zipper was the hardest.
If anyone is interested I can put up a tutorial about how to make one!


No comments:

Post a Comment