Wednesday, April 11, 2012

End of an Era

We had a very sad experience last night. I spent the morning over at my sisters with my kiddos so that my hubby could sleep, he is on the overnight shift this week.

I left there around 330pm and headed home. The hubby was up and I was sweeping the house. I went into my room and heard something. It sounded like a creepy heavy breathing man. To my dismay, I found our cat, heaving for air. Now, Oscar had been sounding funny for a day but I didn't think anything of it. This sounded much worse.

I quickly called the vet and we wisked him off to it. After much dileberation, the hubs and I decided that the best thing for us to do was to put him down. One of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make.

We have had Oscar for as long as we have been married, 6 years. He was a great mouse catcher and snuggler. He put up with the kids harrassment as well as the dogs. My husband kept saying that it was "The end of an era." (From FRIENDS)

So after tearful goodbyes, we watched our sweet kitty slip away and peace come over him.

It was a sad day.

Here he is all sweet.


Rest in Peace Oscar
We love and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment