Friday, October 8, 2010

Book Wreath

Happy Friday Blog World!

I hope everyone had a great week and has a great weekend in store. The hubby and I sat down and really tried to set a budget this week. My goal is to stay well under $100.00 this month when it comes to purchasing crafting things. I am interested to know what other people budget, if any.

One thing that I love about having crafty friends is they can impart their vast knowledge on you. Megan, over at A Little Knick Knack is one such friend. I walk through her house and I am like "I want to make that and that and that....."

One such project was her Book Wreath. A very simple project however very time consuming. With the failure of a fabric decor ball (the one here was my second attempt) I called her up for a crafting date and we got started.

I found a foam wreath at a Garage Sale for 0.25 cents! Whoo Hoo! Megan supplied the book and the distressing ink. I got started tracing and cutting circles, making holes in the foam and hot gluing, finally stuff the paper into the holes. After a lot, A LOT of doing the above steps, here is the final project!

I love it! I used 0.10 cent ribbon I got from a Garage Sale and hung it up on my mirror!

Isn't it Lover-ly!

Check out my side bar for link parties I join!


3 comments:

  1. It looks great! It does sound very time consuming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is great! Wonderful job, Amy! I'm lovin' this mantle with all of your fun crafts on it! ;) Great job! Link it up to my link party, ok? THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great! I am going to be featuring it on my blog later today. Have a great weekend!
    -Jenn
    www.cleanandscentsible.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete