Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"What time is it?"

So I went to Good Will a while ago and I found this very fun clock.

Although, I swear I took a good picture of it,

I can not find it now.

Rats!

But this is the only one I found:


Not bad looking, but not what I want in my kitchen!

I figured I could take it and make it into something more fun and would also match my kitchen.

Me Like!

So I took apart the clock, used some modge podge, glued on some matching fabric and finished!

(Although it looks easy, it was not! This project is not for the faint of heart!)

Reason it was so complicated: really hard to get a perfect circle to glue onto the clock.

I finally took it and ripped off the paper, drew the circle, modge podged the fabric onto the paper, then glued the whole contraption on the clock.

While doing this, I managed to break the glass.

Shoot!

But I went with the flow, even when I discovered that it was on crooked.

I was not taking that sucker off!

The fabulous find was later, I discovered the 12, 3, 6, 9 circle at a thrift store.

So I scooped it up and it fit!

Now I really know what time it is!


Check out the Link Parties I linked up to on my side bar!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute, Amy! It looks amazing (as always!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love Goodwill. Thanks for stopping by "In His Grip". I know my daughter has a style of her own and there are some that laugh at the fact that this cute, young, thing has a deer hanging above her fireplace:) She just smiles and loves her deer anyway. She cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I love what you did with the clock and the fabric at an angle. I think it looks so much better that way. Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a clock that needs revamping! Hadn't thought of going this route! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete