Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"What's for Dinner?"

Is this a common question in your house:

"What's for dinner?"

I get this question a lot, more from me to me, so I came up with the "What's for dinner" Board.

This is how I  used to write up my dinners:

I found this pad at Micheals and it gives the day and then space to write what is for dinner. Not that I don't like it but I wanted something more fancy.

So, I came up with this:

It is a clip board, some paper, some mod podge and a few magnets.

Now my freezer looks like this:


If you go to moneysavingmom.com she has lots of print outs for menu planning, from one week to one month.
She has been the inspiration for a lot of menu planning things like freezer cooking and such.

I like this dinner plan because you just write what you have and then check it off as you eat it that way, if you don't feel like a certain food one night, it won't throw off your whole schedule if you eat something else.

Want to make one?

Here is what you need:
1 Clip Board
1 12x12 in piece of paper
Mod Podge
Decorative papers and emblishments
Stickable magnets
Optional: If you want to make the button magnet you will need 1 button and 1 extra strong round magnet

Step 1: Pick your paper and clip board

Step 2: Trace the shape of your clip board and then cut out

(See my pencil mark?)

Step 3: Mod Podge the clip board then place paper on it, then mod podge over.
For those new to mod podge, it looks like white glue but will dry clear and shiny! It is truly amazing stuff.

Step 4: Pick emblishments and either Mod Podge on (if paper) or hot glue gun on

Step 5: Place on Magnets

On the back:

The front depends on how you want to write down your meals. I was only interested in dinners for one week so I went with this small piece of paper. You can, however, use a full size paper and actually clip it under the clip. If you do that, place the magnet near the other edge so your paper stays put. If you do it like mine, centered over contrasting paper is fine, like this:


Step 6: Hot glue the button to the magnet and voila! you are done!

Did you make one? Link up and let us see!

Up Next:

Let's clean up those fridge toys and turn this:


Into this:

Good, I had hoped you would be.

But you must crawl before you walk so next up, lets talk binding.



No comments:

Post a Comment