Saturday, March 27, 2010

Name Plaque

My mother in law gave me these fabulous Country Sampler magazines and I have to say that I am addicted. I went through most of them and tore out the pages that had amazing things that I wanted to replicate on them. After doing so, I realized that I should have just left them in the magazine because I ripped out more pages then were left in the magazine. Oh well!

Here is a picture that inspired my next project:


Is that kitchen the most fabulous kitchen you have ever seen! Makes me sad to walk into mine!
Well, I just love love LOVE the name plaque in the window of the kitchen. I thought to my self "I can make one of those!" So I headed out to the thrift store to see what pieces I could find.

Here is what I came up with:



Super easy, super fast and super cute! Just the way I like it!

Materials used:
One banana holder stand
One Black Frame with the back taken off
Black Vinal
Hot glue gun
Black ribbon

I cleaned the glass, added the vinal, hot glued the glass in the corners to secure it, hot glued the ribbon, hooked onto the banana holder, and voila! all done.

The only thing that I am sad about is I didn't add the Est. part. Maybe if I get around to it, I will add it. We will see.

Next up, see how they decorated the dishwasher, well get ready for my rendition of it!

1 comment:

  1. That is a cute name plaque. And you make it look so easy! I'm excited to see what you do with the dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete